Thursday, November 13

to forgive & forget.

so today was that day. the day ive been waiting on for so long. this is a touchy subject so hopefully i can get through this without shedding a few tears. i was woken up around four o'clock pm by my sister. she's holding a phone & there's this voice on the other end. that voice being my father. pretty much i was speechless. at the same time though i seen it coming.

let me back track for a second. earlier this week. . . maybe even last weekend - my only brother, who's 25, somehow got in contact with one of my sisters. ive never talked to him before & neither has any of my sisters. ive only seen one picture of him when he was about seven or so when i was younger. so i knew of him but didnt "know" him. my sister told me they talked. he pretty much told her all about him & wanted to know what was going on in our lives. we share the same dad. him, me, my twin sisters & my youngest sister. but unlike us - our father has been in his life. . . all his life. so yeah, him & my sister were talking back & forth for like two or three days.

crazy, right?

well today my sister comes in my room, wakes me up (phones on speaker) & tells me our "dad" is on the phone. first thought that goes through my mind was literally WHAT THE FUCK. i'm listening while they talk. it was so eerie because. . . he never forgot about us like we figured he did. he went on about how he hasnt forgotten our birthdays & there wasnt a day that went by when he didnt think about us. how he fought for us. how he knew that one day; we'd reunite. fuckit i'm just gonna be real & pretty much lay everything out there. its to the point where. . . the shit that he did doesnt hurt as much when spoken on. because i'm over it. he molested me & my sisters & was abusive to my mother. like on some ike & tina turner type shit. and i was maybe one or two. so thank god i dont remember any of it. what hurts the most though. TIL THIS DAY, he still denies everything. it eats me up inside & pisses me off that he's calling my mom a liar. because thats what he's doing by denying it. & to be honest i'm really torn. i know my mom wouldnt lie about that. something so serious & whats been my truth. . . all my life. now its like i'm confused. does he really deserve a second chance? lol he still calls me squirrel which was my nickname when i was younger. fuck, hereeee come the tears.

as we talked to him i could see the awkwardness, fear & anger in my mom's face. it wasnt the first time i heard his voice either. the first time was back in 2004. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW HE GOT OUR NUMBER. but out of the blue one day he calls us. cant remember too much about it but alls i know is him & my mom got into this BIG ass argument. her yelling "you know what you did." him calling her a liar. just crazy shit. he's trying so hard to make-up for the years he lost. claiming its not his fault. i just wish he would stop putting blame on the next person & be a man. . . fess up to the shit he did. he knows it was wrong. & so do we. i just, idk. i guess i need validation. i need to know that he's sorry. but i doubt that will ever happen. he was a real fucked up guy then. it sucks but no matter how much i denied him throughout the years. . . he is my father. always has been always will be.

& this is really getting to me. because a part of me genuinely. . . wants to love him. like is it really possible to forgive someone after all the confusion & hurt they've put you through? at the same time, i feel kinda complete with almost all my questions answered. he's talking about flying us up there to visit. & giving us the world. so cliche lol. dunno tho supposedly he has all this money. i dont hate him though. . . by any means.

just dont know where to go from here.

7 comments:

Gorgeous Lynette said...

Oh my. Honey I'm so sorry that your father did that to you. I know you and your mom have been close because of it. But, things like molestation and such don't stop over time. It's kind've like abuse, because my dad use to beat me. I just don't want you to do anything you regret. & if he can't admit his mistakes it sounds like you will. But, make sure you wanna really do it before you do something like that. It's a life altering experience, you wanna move forward, not backward. It's worse to be in a shit hole, but its even worse to progress out of it & end up back there.

Nori D. said...

wow...
crazy shiet. seems like you have pretty much forgiven him for what he did to you.. and even though you don't remember it, i somewhat admire you for it because i could never do it. i guess you can basically just take it day by day.. with your feelings and everything, they will all sort out eventually.. its going to be hard, but if you rly feel any sort of bad vibes from the situation, don't go with it.. i wish you the best :[ keep us updated.

CheLouissaint said...

Listen to your heart on it, life without regrets is the best way of living. If you go and you get hurt at least you know its a chapter you closed. If you stay, you know it's a page not worth turning.

I've tagged you, it's a blogger thing check out my blog for the rules

Latoya said...

WOW THATS WILD KRAZY

I GOT SO SPEECHLESS I STARTED CRYING WHILE READING THIS.

I THINK IF HE ADMIT TO WHAT HE DID INSTEAD OF DENYING IT AND SAY SORRY YOU WOULD PROBALLII FEEL MUCH BETTER.

Ora_Lanique* said...

OH FATHER PROBLEMS..
HOW THEY SUCK..
MY DAD iS PRETTY MUCH NON-EXiSTENT
iT HURTS MAMA..ii TRULY UNDERSTAND
BUT NONETHELESS HE iS YOUR FATHER..
DO WAT YOUR HEART SAYS...
CUZ THiS SHiT WiLL NEVER BB LOGiCAL!

Chaveeo said...

Im glad you dont remember that happening to you.. and i think you have forgiven him already and he has to forgive himself....but is he worth it??? idk but thats kinda what it comes down to.

KeepitFUNKY said...

I know Im all late but I def. understand where you're coming from. Some form of validation...for them to take ownership for what happened. Lucky you at least dont remember. I unfortunately do...and its a lot more akward seeing the person and understanding it was wrong; and evryone around you trying to deny it happened. You are strong and your mother and sisters seem like strong ladies too. Keep your head up and really think about it...talk to your mom about it. Are you ready and willing ot let him back in your life..
keepitFUNKY(c)
'gia